Frequently Asked Questions
- Complete the checklist items listed on the home page of the gca.k12start.com website
- Submit any outstanding documentation such as Immunization Forms
- Check the gca.k12start.com Website for Tools & Tips
- Attend a Back to School Event and K12 Summer Camps
- Set up work area for learning
- Plan a daily schedule for learning and other activities
- Make a list of questions and attend an Open Office Sessions & Orientations to get responses
Check order status for materials
New students will be contacted by Intake Coordinators and Placement Counselors to provide assistance start up checklist:
• Access School Calendar
• Scantron Test in Reading and Math
• Attend Orientations/School Assembly/Mentor Clinics
• Open & Respond to K-Mail
• Record Attendance (cannot be done until 1st day of school)
• Complete Introduction to OLS/Online Learning (cannot be done until the 1st day of school)
• Course Selections
• Access all courses (High School-LMS)
• Go over Roadmaps/Thematic Units (cannot be done until 1st day of school)
*Teachers will not be assigned until Intake Process is complete.
Where is/How do I...?
You can change your Learning Coach or student’s username or password in My Account. My Account is accessible through the Online School (OLS). Learn how to update your username and/or password.
FAQs About Your Computer and Using the Internet
The Online School (OLS) works best on a laptop or desktop computer. We do not recommend using tablets for coursework at this time. You may be able to complete some parts of your work on a tablet (i.e. reading e-books). However, a tablet will not be sufficient for the majority of the work that you need to complete.
Please make sure your computer is OLS-compatible prior to school starting.
Also, be sure to refer to the list of preferred browsers to use with the Online School (OLS).
Please keep the web pages below handy for quick reference, as they contain school-specific information, such as upcoming events and information dates. You can also find resources to help you navigate the Online School (OLS), use OLS tools, and hear about new features and improvements to your learning environment.
Visit the "Support Topics" page of the K12 Customer Support website to search for more information.